Without the right gear to keep you warm, protected and mobile, winter can quickly become a season to survive instead of performing at our best. Based in Denver, Colorado, the TRUEWERK team knows the struggles of working in challenging weather at high elevations. We were confident there was a solution that didn’t turn your body into stiff, frozen cardboard (like attempting to layer canvas or duck fabrics).
Enter: TRUEWERK outerwear. Our outermost layers and insulating mid layers are designed with element-proof fabric to protect you from Mother Nature and hazards on the job. Our shells offer extreme stretch for a full range of motion and, most importantly, allow moisture to evaporate without letting more in. You can shop shell layers by searching for products that start with an “S” and then choosing your warmth level by the following number (the higher the number, the warmer the piece).
“First year I’ve actually felt excited, comfortable and truly warm and it is because of your company so thank you all sincerely. I’ve noticed every winter I’d go into a downward spiral hating being outside and freezing. Your company has lifted my mental state…not only do I know I look the best, but I’m also truly dressed for the elements.” - Instagram message from TRUEWERK customer Michael A.
M3 Woobie Hoodie: The Woobie Hoodie packs a punch as a comfortable, flexible puffer inspired by the military-issued poncho liner or “Woobie.” We use 80 grams of polyester batting to keep it light but warm. And while technically a Mid Layer, the Woobie’s face fabric is DWR-treated to help protect you from light rain and snow, while the liner fabric has a wicking treatment (and both have full stretch). The shell fabric is DWR-treated, while the liner fabric has a wicking treatment to spread moisture as your body sweats. Extra features include cuffs with built-in gaskets to keep out drafts, an adjustable hood.
- Key features: Tear-Resistant, 4-Way Stretch, Water Resistant, Moisture-Wicking, Hand Warmer Pockets
- What our customers love about it: “Surprisingly durable with the warmth, and its protection against water is also very nice. I'm also pleasantly surprised that it can pull off a semi-formal look as well as a functional one.” - Andrew A.
S3 Solution Hoodie: When the elements are at their harshest, depend on the S3 Solution Hoodie with waterproof fabric and maximum stretch in all directions. The hoodie is lined with our channeled, hex fleece fabric that pulls moisture away from the body for extra warmth without the bulk. While the fleece interior prevents seam taping, a DWR treatment and laminate membrane keep water at bay. Completely windproof and tough with an adjustable hood and cuffs—the S3 was engineered for working effectively and efficiently in any weather. Also available in Vest or Jacket styles.
- Key features: Water Resistant, Windproof, Tear-Resistant, Ripstop, 4-Way Stretch, Moisture-Wicking
- What our customers love about it: “Windproof and functional hood adjustment I've not seen on other brands. Light weight, not restrictive and rip resistant which is perfect for working rooftops doing HVAC in wet season.” - Mason T.
S4 Haun Vest: Larry Haun, legendary carpenter and author of "The Very Efficient Carpenter," believed that building a house in cold weather required core warmth and maximum freedom of movement for the arms. We worked with Larry’s family and Fine Homebuilding to develop the S4 Haun Vest, our most heavily insulated vest. To keep your core bundled warm, we used 180gsm of insulation. A laminate membrane and DWR treatment resist water, while the exterior fabric (the same as our T2 WerkPant) provides all the stretch and tear resistance you need on site. Reinforced shoulder panels with ripstop stand up to carrying lumber, and with every vest sold, you benefit Fine Homebuilding’s #KeepCraftAlive Scholarship Fund with SkillsUSA to support trade education.
- Key features: Water Resistant, Tear-Resistant, 4-Way Stretch, Temperature Regulating
- What our customers love about it: “Super comfortable and stylish. Durable and holds up well on the construction site! Would highly recommend. The Haun with a fleece underneath and a pair of T3s keeps me warm in the middle of winter!” - Devin K.
S4 Tower Parka: Our most insulated outerwear offering for serious winter work. The S4 Tower Parka is purpose-built for anyone working at height, with a zippered opening on the back for a safety harness. It’s ideal for those that work with high exposure to wind with ultimate protection from the elements. For the greatest freedom of movement where you need it most, we strategically placed the heaviest insulation in the torso and lighter insulation in the arms. The adjustable hood fits over a hard hat or can be removed entirely. The fabric is tough, windproof and waterproof (although the seams are not taped) while still breathable and flexible.
- Key features: Water Resistant, Windproof, Tear-Resistant, Ripstop, 4-Way stretch
- What our customers love about it: “Bought this jacket after owning many Truewerk products and never failing to be blown away by their quality and durability. The S4 is for the coldest of days and this jacket blew my expectations away. Makes those wet and cold winter days a breeze.” - Andy M.
Check out all of our cold weather offerings for your warmest winter season yet.