Washing & Care Instructions
- Machine wash cold with like colors.
- Do not use fabric softeners.
- Do not bleach.
- Tumble dry low.
- Do not dry on high heat.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Close all fasteners and release pull cords.
- Remove as much of the stain as possible blotting with a paper towel.
- Use a stain removal spray or soap such as Dawn dish soap, work stained area with hands or a brush to help release stain. Let soak for half an hour to an hour before wash cycle.
- Wash garment as per basic washing instructions.
- Let air dry or hang dry and inspect stains to see if removal was successful. IMPORTANT: do not machine dry garment before stains have been successfully removed. Doing so will set stains into the garment making removal almost impossible.
- Oil and grease stains might take several treatments to remove but will fade significantly after 2-3 washings.
The majority of our technical workwear is made from materials that are dimensionally stable and will not shrink during normal care and cleaning. Garments with cotton content will likely shrink if washed and dried at higher temperatures. To minimize this follow our basic washing instructions. Polyester can also shrink a little if exposed to high temperatures.
Most of our T and X line garments have been tested to hold up to industrial wash. That said, we recommend industrial washing garments as infrequently as possible. The intensity of industrial washing can shorten the lifespan of your clothing due to extreme heats and chemicals. Do not wash over 165 F.
DWR treatments will degrade over time, especially with frequent use/abrasion.
To revive the DWR treatment, first wash the garment following basic washing instructions. Then place in a dryer and low/medium heat for 15-20 minutes. The heat should help bring back the DWR finish.
ANSI compliant garments:
Extreme washing/drying can reduce the vibrance of high-viz colored garments. Our garments have been engineered to withstand ANSI 107 washing standards for at least 25 washes when following our basic washing instructions. To prolong the life of high-viz garments wash them as infrequently as possible and use our basic washing instructions when necessary. This is especially important when using high heat to dry garments with adhered reflective banding.